The operating temperature of the generator set is very important. It is necessary to maintain it within a suitable range to ensure the working efficiency of the unit. However, in the actual use process, overheating is easy to occur. Overheating is actually caused by poor heat dissipation of the unit. So what reasons will affect the heat dissipation of the unit?
1. The radiator fins are blocked or damaged. The cooling fan does not work or the cooling fins are blocked, so that the coolant temperature cannot be reduced, and the cooling fins are rusted, resulting in liquid leakage and poor circulation.
2. Thermostat failure. A thermostat is installed in the engine combustion chamber to control the temperature of the engine combustion chamber. The thermostat must be fully opened at the specified temperature (82 degrees) to facilitate small circulation. If there is no thermostat, the coolant cannot maintain the circulation temperature, and a low temperature alarm may be generated.
3. The coolant level of the generator set is too low or does not meet the regulations. Low liquid level can directly cause the coolant temperature to rise and make the coolant not circulate. The coolant is 50% antifreeze and 50% softened water as required. If it does not meet the requirements, it will cause pipeline blockage and rust in the pipe wall, so that the coolant cannot circulate normally.
4. Water pump failure. Check whether the water pump works well. If it is found that the water pump transmission gear shaft is worn beyond the limit, it indicates that the water pump has failed to function and needs to be replaced before it can circulate normally.
5. Exhaust system failure. The cooling system of the generator set is mixed with air, resulting in blocked pipeline. The damage of the suction valve and exhaust valve on the expansion water tank also directly affects the circulation. At this time, it is necessary to often check whether their pressure values meet the regulations. The suction pressure is 10KPA and the exhaust pressure is 40kpa. In addition, whether the exhaust pipe is unblocked is also an important reason affecting the circulation.
Post time: Dec-15-2021